Ard Rock 21 – update
We are committed to running a safe open-air event and delivering an epic experience for all our attendees.
Before the Government’s announcement outlining the easing of COVID restrictions, we decided to limit attendance to competitors, exhibitors and essential support. Limitations will maintain despite the easing of restrictions on July 19th. Here’s why;
- To minimise the impact of the event on the local community
- Ensure that attendees can maintain comfortable social distancing at the event
- To focus on our participants to give them the safest and best possible experience
As a duty of care to our competitors, crew and the local community, we will continue to adopt certain covid safety measures for everyone’s peace of mind and wellbeing. Additional safety measures at the event are;
- Sanitiser and Handwashing facilities
- More space between camping pitches
- Increased overall space per person on the event site
- More attendee conveniences to reduce pressure on local off-site services
- Extra toilets and increased frequency cleaning
- No public indoor spaces
- A new ‘practice loop’ which avoids passing through residential areas
- Marquees will be open sided
- Face masks to be worn at rider registration
- Tables and chairs in front of the stage
- All attendees must follow our COVID-19 policy
Many of you will remember the late-night bands from previous editions of the event – they’ll be back in the future! Sadly, they don’t support the atmosphere we’re looking to create in 2021. The late-night bands have been replaced with an outdoor screen to show bike films and daily race footage. A seated social area and relaxed music vibe will keep us all entertained – a perfect way to unwind after a hard day out on the hills.
We know many racers attending this year were signed up to participate in Ard Rock 2019; the event was sadly cancelled due to the Yorkshire Dales Flooding. The funds we raised and the support delivered to the local community by our riding friends are our proudest moments to date. We strive to maintain such support and commitment, and following our modified event plan aligns with this level of responsibility and care.
Thanks for understanding. Let’s make this year a good one!
Like many other events, we are requesting that all attendees demonstrate their COVID-19 status please follow this link for instructions.
Facemasks must be worn at rider registration
We have reduced capacity at Ard Rock 21 to ensure that riders have space